It’s a busy night; your restaurant has every table packed, and there’s a line heading straight into the parking lot. Your staff are running around with trays full of food and drinks, and there’s a steady clanging kind of music coming from the kitchen. It seems to be a good night, but it’s not. Why? There are no security systems to record the incident that led to several hundred dollars out of your, the owner’s, pocket. Security systems are so important in the service industry, and here are some reasons why:
- Security systems prevent theft both from the public — your customers — and you and your employees; it keeps everyone honest. When your workers, or anyone considering employment, knows that they are being watched, then you are inclined to get better, more desirable staff.
- It will keep the cost of food down, because it keeps employees from snacking back in the kitchen or making food that doesn’t get paid for (either by mistake or on purpose).
- Having a good security system in place also protects your guests from any unsavory company that may try to drop in. The better the lighting, and the better the system, keeps an honest, steady flow of bodies ready to devour your product.
- Keeping your security system up to date is also important for your restaurant’s liability purposes. A working system will protect the business from any false claims, or for insurance purposes.
- A good security system will also help keep the community safe by acting as an aid in any law enforcement situations, should they need video evidence. A safer community will lend a hand in bringing you more customers, as well.
Edge CCTV can not only provide you with a great security system, but also will install it, monitor it for you, and do regular maintenance! Visit our home page for further information!